Annual Campaign - Reach out for Youth and Families
The YMCA is the nation's leading non-profit organization dedicated to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. For more than 160 years, The Granite YMCA has been here for the community, and we're here for good!
Here's a snapshot of our $1.55 financial assistance IMPACT:
- More than 1,200 students learned to be safe in the water through YMCA Project Water Safety gaining a lifelong - and lifesaving - skills.
- More than 7,350 individuals and families benefited from memberships at The Granite YMCA through our Membership for All program.
- More than 10,000 young athletes learned teamwork, sportsmanship and healthy habits through Youth Sports, Dance, Gymnastics and Martial Arts at the Y.
- Over 60 families have learned to eat right and be active together in our free Prescribe the Y childhood obesity intervention program.
- More than 175 cancer survivors have regained their health and created new support friendships in our LIVESTRONG at the YMCA program
- 1 in 8 youth in the Y childcare programs benefited from financial assistance, providing a safe, enriching experience during preschool and out of school time.
- 439 kids in YMCA Camps benefited from financial assistance funds, providing enriching activities during summer and school holidays.
- Nearly 1,000 area students participated in YMCA Teen Programs thanks to financial assistance funds.
Through our members and program participants, The Granite YMCA reaches more than 35,000 people annually. Through financial assistance, supported by your Annual Campaign donations, we provide Membership and Program scholarships to nearly 20,000 people across the state of New Hampshire.
For The Granite YMCA’s 2017 Annual Campaign our GOAL is $470,000. There are 3 simple ways you can help us reach our goal and profoundly impact your community.
- CAMPAIGN. Join us in our cause to strengthen community by becoming an eCampaigner and raising funds for the YMCA
- SHARE.Your stories are our history. Share your Y story and experiences with us. Email your story to Cathy LaForge or call 603-782-2805.
- DONATE. 100% of your donation impacts our community. Here are a few ways your donations will help change our community:
- $50 can give a new swimmer a session of swim lessons, ensuring a lifetime of fun and safety in the water
- $100 supports a single mom and her kids to become Y members where they can participate in healthy activities together as a family
- $170 provides a child one week of day camp - creating life-changing experiences
- $250 funds LIVESTRONG at the YMCA for one cancer survivor and helps rebuild spirit, mind and body
- $400 sends a student to overnight camp where he/she creates memories and friendships that last a lifetime
- $500 can give an entire Youth Sports team a season to build confidence, teamwork and healthy habits
- $1,000 provides a semester of Afterschool child care for one child and a place to learn, grow and thrive
EMPLOYERS WILL MATCH YOUR DONATION
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match charitable contributions made by their employees. To find out if your company has a matching gift policy, or for more information on how you can become a matching gift company, please contact Sara McCarthy or call 603.782.2803.
Mail Donations to:
117 Market Street
Manchester, NH 03101
Tax ID: 02-0222248