The Best Summer Ever Starts at The Granite YMCA
The “best summer ever” is right around the corner! The Granite YMCA is pleased to offer over 30 day camp programs at 5 different Y locations to make sure kids and teens are adventurous, active and healthy this summer. Day camp offers youth fun and unique experiences with an opportunity to explore the outdoors, meet new friends, discover new interests and create memories that last a lifetime.
Summer is the ideal time for kids to get up, get out and explore. But, for some kids summer means no access to recreational and educational activities to help them learn, grow and thrive during out-of-school time. As a result, some kids can experience learning loss and gain weight twice as fast than during the school year. Attending summer camp is a wonderful opportunity for kids to keep their minds and bodies active.
"Summer camp is an excellent way to ensure kids stay engaged socially, physically, and academicaly throughout the summer," said John Harris, President and CEO of The Granite YMCA. “In our day camps, kids are in a welcoming environment where they can belong, build relationships, develop character and discover their potential. We really encourage parents to give their kids the gift of camp to keep them active and engaged all summer long.”
Here are five reasons why children and teens should attend summer camp:
- ADVENTURE: Summer camp is all about a wide variety of new experiences and exploring the outdoors. The Granite YMCA day camps have a new adventure for every child and teen.
- HEALTHY FUN: Day camps offer fun, stimulating activities that engage the body and mind, and also help children and teens learn the importance of nutrition to help improve their healthy eating habits.
- PERSONAL GROWTH: While in the welcoming environment of camp, youth have a chance to learn new skills, and develop confidence and independence by taking on new responsibilities and challenges. Camp offers cognitive learning and social-emotional development opportunities for achievement.
- FRIENDSHIPS: Amidst the fun of camp games, songs, swimming, canoeing and talent shows, campers meet new friends and strengthen existing friendships. The bonds formed at camp are important and lasting for many youth.
- MEMORIES: Summer camp is an unforgettable experience that will give each camper memories (and camp traditions) that will last a lifetime. Youth return to school with plenty of camp stories to share!
The Granite YMCA offers several different types of day camps located across New Hampshire including traditional, sports, specialty, gymnastics, adventure, tennis, and much more! To ensure that all youth have the chance to experience camp, financial assistance is available for those in need. If you are interested in helping send a child to camp this summer, visit www.graniteymca.org/camps/support-campers
Registration is now open for the 2018 summer camp season. For more information, visit www.graniteymca.org/camps
About The Granite YMCA
As one of the state’s longest standing and most enduring non-profits, The Granite YMCA focuses on youth development, healthy living, social responsibility, and family strengthening. Across the state, its six branches engage 30,000 men, women and children – regardless of age, income or background – to improve their health and well-being, and provide opportunities to give back and support neighbors. In 2017, The Granite YMCA provided financial assistance and free services valued at over $1.63 million to 20,190 individuals. To learn more, please visit www.graniteymca.org