Safeguarding Our Health
The Granite YMCA will be closed effective on Tuesday, March 17 - Sunday, March 29
The Granite YMCA has always been a leader when it comes to the health and well-being of our communities and the people we serve. Today, with the accelerating spread of the Coronavirus, we are faced with a challenge to reduce the opportunity for the virus to spread which demands immediate action. In order to do our part in protecting the most vulnerable populations and in reducing pressure on our hospitals and health care providers, The Granite YMCA will take the following temporary steps:
- Effective immediately, all activities and group exercise programs will be temporarily cancelled. This includes Kid Zone and senior program activities, and team practices.
- Effective immediately, all after school programs including YSTART will be closed. We will re-evaluate site openings and update you by March 30.
- YSTAY, YSTRIVE, and branch Teen Centers will be closed through April 3.
- Early Learning Centers will be open for one more day only on Monday, March 16, and then will be closed until March 29.
- All facilities, branches, and program centers will be closed effective on Tuesday, March 17 through Sunday, March 29. We are planning to reopen our facilities on March 30 however, this may change based on recommendations from the CDC and local health departments. The YMCA of Greater Londonderry is closed effective now.
- We will provide make-up classes and credit options for all 7 week programs session participants currently registered for the Spring I session.
At this time, we are evaluating opportunities and ways we can engage our membership with virtual and home-based wellness options. Please monitor your email, the Y App (available in the App Store) and our Granite YMCA website for healthy living support in the days ahead.
We understand the financial concern and strain many of our members and child care families may incur as a result of the various employment, school and community closures. Our Y leadership is currently evaluating our process for credits, holds and cancellations. We ask that you provide us the next few days to coordinate these processes. Updates will occur and be shared as quickly as possible to assist our members.
These action are not taken lightly. We care deeply for each and every one of you and today, we have made a decision that we think is in the best interest of all. We will continue to monitor the situation and find ways for the Y to contribute to the community’s well-being that does not increase the risk of spreading the virus. Please check back here regularly for updates and information.
David Ports, President/CEO
The Granite YMCA