Parent & Family Resources
The Granite YMCA is still here to help support the youth in our communities, even if our facilities are closed to members. We have created Facebook groups for all of our child care sites to keep children engaged with a familiar face while they are away from the Y. At the YMCA of Downtown Manchester, we are nourishing our youth each weekday from 4:30 - 5:30 pm with to-go brown bagged dinners. Along with these actions, we have created a list of resources for parents to help children stay happy, healthy and active during COVID-19 school closures. Please check back regularly for new activities and links!
The YMCA of Downtown Manchester, in partnership with the Manchester School District and Granite United Way, is helping to fight huger by providing food and personal items to youth and families in need. Grab and go meals will be distributed every weekday from 4:30 - 5:30 pm outside the teen center. Weekend meal bags will be distributed on Fridays at the teen center and at additional locations around the city.
If you are not in the Manchester area, please use this NH Food Access Map, created by UNH Extension, to find resources in your community.
Our YMCA child care staff miss all of their kids! During this time apart, we decided to stay close and engaged by creating videos just for you. These videos include crafts, physical activities, sing-a-longs and more. For more videos, visit our YouTube Page or join our Child Care Facebook Groups above.
Yoga for Kids
Crafts with Miss Chrissy
Wash Your Hands with Mr. Joe
Baby Shark Sing-A-Long with Miss Emma
Basketball Drills with Coach Bri
Support & Activities
The Child Mind Institute has put together a vast array of resources for families during this time. Many parents are struggling to balance work, child care and self-care while keeping worries under control. You are not alone.
- Coping With the Coronavirus Crisis
- Autism and the Coronavirus
- Managing Anxiety
- Discipline and Behavior
- Dealing With Loss
Keeping Your Kids Active & Healthy
- Keeping Your Kids Happy, Busy and Learning
- What To Do When Schools are Cancelled
- Keeping Yourself & Kids Active
- Online Learning for children K - 12 - Wide Open School provides resources for educators and families including recommended daily schedules, virtual events and more.
- Scholastic Learn at Home - Scholastic has collected day-by-day projects to keep kids, grades Pre-K - 9, reading, thinking and growing.
- CATCH Health at Home - CATCH is offering free and easy access to several of their evidence-based health, nutrition, and physical education materials. These are great resources to keep your kids occupied with fun and educational activities, or to do together as a family.
- STEM Activities - STEM Gems are short discovery-based experiences. These activities involve little or no materials and may be easily implemented by parents.
- PBS Kids Daily Newsletter - While your child's school is closed due to coronavirus concerns, subscribe to PBS KIDS' weekday newsletter for activities and tips to help kids play and learn at home.
- CLiF’s Virtual Storytelling Series - For five weeks starting May 5, each Tuesday at 3:00 p.m. EST, CLiF will have an opportunity for kids and adults to hear stories and poems, ask CLiF presenters questions, and get tips on how to use this time at home to develop reading and writing skills.
- NH Bear Scavenger Hunt - All over the state, communities have come together by participating in the great bear hunt. People are leaving stuffed animals all around their homes and yards for children to spot. How many can you find?
- Free Audiobooks from Audible - Kids everywhere can instantly stream an incredible collection of stories that will help them continue dreaming, learning, and just being kids.
- Printable Coloring Pages - Entertain kids at home with printable coloring pages. Each page is fun, magical and illustrated by Marie Nowinski, mama of two little ones.
- Fun & Educational Online Games - These fun and educational games, for grades K - 6, are designed by parents & educators who understand that children learn better if they are having fun!
- Art Lessons from Mrs. Brown - This Google Drive, created by an art teacher, is full of art lessons, activities and resources for children of all ages.
- 50+ Easy & Indoor Activities - Keep the kids having fun and engaged with these 50 Plus Easy Indoor Activities for Kids using simple household items and recycled materials.
- Age Appropriate Media Recommendations -Common Sense Media will help families find appropriate movies, tv shows, books, games and more based on age.
|Re-Opening Updates ||Family Resources ||Wellness & Self‑Care |