Home / Welcome Back
We are excited to welcome our members back to the Y! Please be assured that the safety of all our members, program participants, staff and volunteers is our number one priority. We are following guidelines from health experts and local officials to ensure that our facilities meet the highest standards for hygiene and safety, and we have modified our policies and programs to facilitate safe physical/social distancing practices. Please continue reading to learn what services are available at your local branch, what to expect when returning to the Y and more.
|Current Policies||Available Services||Returning to the Y||Have any questions?|
Since March 2020, The Granite YMCA has diligently followed guidelines from health experts and local officials to ensure the health and safety of our community during the COVID-19 pandemic. As national and local restrictions ease, vaccinations increase, and COVID-19 cases fall, The Granite YMCA will be adjusting many of our policies regarding masks, health screenings, reservations, and more. These revised protocols will allow for more flexibility at the Y while also retaining our commitment to the health and safety of our community. Please continue reading to see what is changing at your YMCA.
Please Note: We have a separate set of guidelines for youth enrolled in day camp or child care programs. If you have any questions regarding these programs, please review the Youth Mask & Quarantine Guidelines, Day Camp FAQs, Child Care Playbook, or reach out to your child's program director.
|Updated Policies||Prior Policies|
|Effective August 2: Reservations are no longer necessary for lap swim, open swim, group exercise*, kid zone, open gym, and the Wellness Center. Reservations are required for water exercise and Allard Center family time (open climb, gymnastics & family swim). *Reservations are still recommended for group exercise in Rochester.||Reservations required for most wellness activities.|
|Effective June 14: Masks are optional for fully vaccinated members & guests. Until you are fully vaccinated, masks will remain required in all indoor common areas and any other time, whether indoors or outdoors, where you cannot maintain proper social distancing.||Masks required at all times, with few exceptions.|
|New health screening process based on the honor system. Before entering the Y, acknowledge all of the questions posted outside the Y. Please do not enter the Y if you answer "yes" to any questions.||All entering the Y must participate in a health screening.|
|Capacity has increased in many group exercise classes and during open swim time.||Limited capacity during group exercise classes and open swim.|
|Cleaning and sanitizing processes will remain, but departments will no longer close midday.||Departments close at various times for cleaning & sanitizing.|
Please review the table below to see current hours and offerings at each branch. You may also want to review our Aquatics FAQs if you have questions about using the pools at the Y. If you have additional questions, please contact us.
Youth at the Y
Depending on your child's age, there are restrictions as to what youth can access. Before your child returns, please review our Youth Guidelines. *If your child would like to use the wellness center and has not had wellness coaching sessions in the past year, please contact your local branch for coaching session availability.
|Services Available||Age 9 +||Age 10 +||Age 11+||Age 12+||Age 13+|
|Wellness Center||Currently unavailable.||When accompanied by an adult, youth ages 10 - 11 who have completed coaching sessions* in the past year may use: ||Youth ages 12+ who have completed coaching sessions* in the past year may use the following with a parent present: ||Youth ages 13 - 14 who have completed coaching sessions* in the past year may use: |
|Group Exercise Classes||Currently unavailable.||Youth ages 10 - 11 may attend group exercise classes when accompanied by an adult.||Youth ages 12+ may attend group exercise classes. They must attend the full class and may not go to areas other than the scheduled class.|
|Lap Swim||Independent swimmers ages 9 - 10 may swim continuous laps, but a parent/guardian must remain in the Y. Ages 8 & under may swim laps with permission from the aquatics director.||Youth ages 11+ may swim continuous laps.|
|Family Open Swim||Youth of all ages may join a parent and/or guardian during family open swim! Youth ages 9+ may swim alone provided they are a green band per our open swim policy.|
While we are eagerly awaiting your return, we want you to be aware that things may look a little different at your Y. We have adjusted some of our policies to help keep our members safe and healthy in our buildings. Before returning to the Y, please remember to:
Reserve Your Time
We are pleased to announce some major changes regarding our reservation policies for many of your favorite wellness activities. We hope these changes allow for greater freedom and convenience while visiting the Y and when using our facilities. Starting Monday, August 2, reservations are:
- NO LONGER NEEDED for Lap Swim, Open Swim, Group Exercise Classes*, Kid Zone, Open Gym, and the Wellness Center
- REQUIRED for Water Exercise Classes and Allard Center Family Time (Open Climb, Gymnastics & Family Swim)
*Due to high demand, reservations are still recommended for all group exercise classes in Rochester.
For activities that do not require reservations, you may drop-in to the Y at any time during our scheduled hours listed on our wellness calendars. If you have any questions about reservations, please contact your local Welcome Center.
The Future of Reservations
Please note that while we are excited to relax our reservation policy, we may consider reinstating reservations in the future to help ensure the best possible experience for our members and the safety of our members, staff, volunteers, and program participants. We will continue to communicate these changes as decisions are made.
For activities requiring a reservation:
- How far in advance can I make a reservation? Reservations may be made up to 48 hours in advance. Example: If you wish to reserve a spot for Monday at 8:00 am, you may now make a reservation as early as Saturday at 8:00 am.
- What if I cannot attend my reservation? Members are required to cancel their reservation at least 30 minutes in advance if unable to attend. If you need to cancel less than 30 minutes before the start of your reserved activity, please call the welcome center.
- How do I make a reservation at the YMCA of Concord? Starting August 9, reservations for the YMCA of Concord can be made using The Granite YMCA’s online reservation system.
To learn how to reserve your time, please watch the video tutorial or read the step-by-step guide.
Update Your Account & Review our New Procedures:
- Reactivate Your Membership. At this time, access to the Y is restricted to members of The Granite YMCA. If you put your account on hold during our closure, please email email@example.com or call your local branch to reactive your account.
- Update Your Granite YMCA Account. Before making a reservation or entering the Y, please make sure your account is updated with the most current information and that you sign the new Waiver of Release and Liability.
- Answer Our Health Screening Questions. Before entering the Y, everyone must acknowledge the posted health screening questions. Please do not enter the Y if you answer "yes" to any of the posted questions.
- Wear a Mask When Required. We have established a formal mask policy to ensure the health and safety of our members, staff, volunteers, and program participants. Face masks are optional for fully vaccinated individuals. Until you are fully vaccinated, masks will remain required in all indoor common areas and any other time, whether indoors or outdoors, where you cannot maintain proper social distancing. Please review our mask policy for additional information.
- Bring Your Own Equipment. We are asking all of our members to bring their own towel, yoga mat, water bottle and any other equipment you might need for a workout.
- Clean Equipment After Use. Staff will be cleaning all equipment in between use. As an extra precaution, please sanitize your equipment before and after use as well.
- Use One Piece of Equipment at a Time. If you are going to superset your workouts, please bring your equipment to a 10' x 10' space and clean the equipment & space after use.
Lead with Our Core Values
As our members return, we are asking everyone to lead with our core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will be sharing updates with our members not only on our website, but through social media and our mobile app. Like us on Facebook and download The Granite YMCA Mobile App to stay connected!
|YMCA Allard Center of Goffstown |
603.497.4663 | Like us on Facebook
|YMCA of Downtown Manchester |
603.623.3558 | Like us on Facebook
|YMCA of Greater Londonderry |
603.437.9622 | Like us on Facebook
|YMCA of Strafford County |
603.332.7334 | Like us on Facebook
|YMCA of the Seacoast |
603.431.2334 | Like us on Facebook
|YMCA of Concord |
603.228.9622 | Like us on Facebook
If you have questions regarding your YMCA membership, such as account credits or holds, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Virtual Workouts ||Family Resources ||Wellness & Self‑Care |