Home / Welcome Back
We are excited to welcome our members back to the Y! As we our open doors, please be assured that your safety - and the safety of all our members, program participants, staff and volunteers - is our number one priority. We are following guidelines from health experts and local officials to ensure that our facilities meet the highest standards for hygiene and safety, and we have modified our policies and programs to facilitate safe physical/social distancing practices. Please continue reading to learn what services are available at your local branch, what to expect when returning to the Y and more.
|Available Services||Returning to the Y||A Message of Thanks||Have any questions?|
Please review the table below to see current hours and offerings at each branch. If you have additional questions, please see our Services Table, General FAQ's, Aquatics FAQ's, Youth Guidelines or contact us.
At this time, we have expanded our offerings while also supporting proper social distancing. Please refer to the chart below for an overview of services that are currently available.
|Currently Available||Not Available|
|Wellness Center* and Group Exercise Classes*||Jacuzzi, Steam Rooms and Saunas|
|Lap Swim**, Open Swim** and Water Exercise Classes**||Outdoor Pools|
|Open Programs** in Manchester and Goffstown||Sitting Areas & Coffee Stations|
|Kid Zone** in Manchester and Portsmouth||Kid Zone in Goffstown, Rochester & Londonderry|
|In-Person Programs for Youth and Adults||Y provided Yoga Mats, Towels, etc.|
|Child Care, Day Camp and Overnight Camp||Personal Hair Dryers|
|Virtual Group Exercise Classes|
|Locker Rooms & Showers|
|*Reservations Recommended | **Reservations Required|
Depending on your child's age, there are restrictions as to what youth can access. Before your child returns, please review our Youth Guidelines. *If your child would like to use the wellness center and has not had wellness coaching sessions in the past year, please contact your local branch for coaching session availability.
|Services Available||Age 9 +||Age 10 +||Age 11+||Age 12+||Age 13+|
|Wellness Center||Currently unavailable.||When accompanied by an adult, youth ages 10 - 11 who have completed coaching sessions* in the past year may use: ||Youth ages 12+ who have completed coaching sessions* in the past year may use the following with a parent present: ||Youth ages 13 - 14 who have completed coaching sessions* in the past year may use: |
|Group Exercise Classes||Currently unavailable.||Youth ages 10 - 11 may attend group exercise classes when accompanied by an adult.||Youth ages 12+ may register for group exercise classes. They must attend the full class and may not go to areas other than the scheduled class.|
|Lap Swim||Independent swimmers ages 9 - 10 may swim continuous laps, but a parent/guardian must remain in the Y. Ages 8 & under may swim laps with permission from the aquatics director.||Youth ages 11+ may reserve a lane to swim continuous laps. Two family members may share a lane by request. Only one member needs to make a reservation to share a lane*, but please be sure to call your branch so they know to expect an extra person. Both must have active memberships. |
*At the YMCA of the Seacoast, all individuals require separate reservations.
|Family Open Swim||Youth of all ages may join a parent and/or guardian during family open swim! Youth ages 9+ may swim alone provided they are a green band per our open swim policy.|
While we are eagerly awaiting your return, we want you to be aware that things may look a little different at your Y. We have adjusted some of our policies to help keep our members safe and healthy in our buildings. Before returning to the Y, please remember to:
Reserve Your Time
In order to better serve our members, we are relaxing our reservation policy for select wellness activities. Reservations will be:
- RECOMMENDED* for the wellness center and group exercise classes
- REQUIRED for open swim, lap swim and water exercise classes
*Access to the facility is still available only during specific time blocks, which you can find here.
Please remember, members who have a reservation will continue to have precedence. We are still under capacity restrictions and once capacity has reached, no more walk-ins can be accepted, and you may be turned away. We hope this change allows you greater freedom to enjoy the Y, and we look forward to seeing you soon!
For activities requiring a reservation:
- How far in advance can I make a reservation? Reservations may be made up to 48 hours in advance. Example: If you wish to reserve a spot for Monday at 8:00 am, you may now make a reservation as early as Saturday at 8:00 am.
- How many reservations can I make? Members may reserve up to two time slots per day, per person.
- What if I cannot attend my reservation? Members are required to cancel their reservation at least 30 minutes in advance if unable to attend. If you need to cancel less than 30 minutes before the start of your reserved activity, please call the welcome center.
- What does my reservation time include? Reservation times include checking in at the welcome center, working out and checking out. Please be considerate of leaving at the end of your time slot.
To learn how to reserve your time, please watch the video tutorial or read the step-by-step guide.
Update Your Account & Review our New Procedures:
- Reactivate Your Membership. At this time, access to the Y is restricted to members of The Granite YMCA. If you put your account on hold during our closure, please email email@example.com or call your local branch to reactive your account.
- Update Your Granite YMCA Account. Before making a reservation or entering the Y, please make sure your account is updated with the most current information and that you sign the new Waiver of Release and Liability.
- Be Prepared for a Health Screening. Your check in process will look a bit different the next time you visit us. All members and staff must participate in a health screening before accessing our facilities.
- Review the Vaccine Policies & Guidelines. Starting Wednesday, March 24, The Granite YMCA will begin verifying and recording staff and member COVID-19 vaccination status. While this process is not required, those who provide proof of vaccination to the Granite YMCA will have greater flexibility with travel and quarantine guidelines. Please review our Vaccine Policies & Guidelines for more detais.
- Wear a Mask. Effective November 20, Governor Sununu is imposing a statewide mask mandate to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This emergency order requires masks to be worn in all public spaces when social distancing cannot be properly maintained. Please review our mask policy and the Governor's statewide mask mandate for further details.
- Bring Your Own Equipment. We are asking all of our members to bring their own towel, yoga mat, water bottle and any other equipment you might need for a workout.
- Clean Equipment After Use. Staff will be cleaning all equipment in between use. As an extra precaution, please sanitize your equipment before and after use as well.
- Use One Piece of Equipment at a Time. If you are going to superset your workouts, please bring your equipment to a 10' x 10' space and clean the equipment & space after use.
Lead With Our Core Values
As our members return, we are asking everyone to lead with our core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
As a nonprofit dedicated to keeping our community healthy, safe and thriving for all, Y members like you make our impact possible. Thank you for staying with us during these incredibly challenging times. Thanks to your support, the Y is able to provide critical emergency services like child care for working families, food distribution to prevent hunger; classes for middle schoolers in our STAY program, blood drives, and wellness check-ins of those most vulnerable. You were here for your community when it needed you most, and we remain here for you.
Stay With Us
Sustain Your Membership
We are asking our members to stay with us by sustaining your YMCA membership. Your membership dues help support our efforts to meet the critical needs of our community during this pandemic. This includes providing child care to working families, distributing nutritious meals to youth and so much more.
For those who choose to stay, we cannot thank you enough. If you would like to share your Y story and why you are choosing to stay with us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking the button below.
Pause Your Membership
We understand that many of our members have other financial obligations during this time. If you need to put your membership on hold or would prefer another arrangement, please contact our Membership Team at email@example.com or by clicking the button below.
Go Above and Beyond
If you would like to go above and beyond, please consider making a gift to The Granite YMCA. Your donation will help ensure we have the resources necessary to deliver these critically needed services to our community.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will be sharing updates with our members not only on our website, but through social media and our mobile app. Like us on Facebook and download The Granite YMCA Mobile App to stay connected!
|YMCA Allard Center of Goffstown |
603.497.4663 | Like us on Facebook
|YMCA of Downtown Manchester |
603.623.3558 | Like us on Facebook
|YMCA of Greater Londonderry |
603.4379622 | Like us on Facebook
|YMCA of Strafford County |
603.332.7334 | Like us on Facebook
|YMCA of the Seacoast |
603.431.2334 | Like us on Facebook
If you have questions regarding your YMCA membership, such as account credits or holds, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Virtual Workouts ||Family Resources ||Wellness & Self‑Care |