What Do I Need to Know to Register for Day Camp?
Important Camp Documents:
To be eligible to pay the reduced facility member camp fees, your child(ren) must have and sustain an active Y membership from the time of registration through camper's last session. Memberships may be purchased online or at your local branch. Terminating the membership prior to the end of the camp season will result in the price of the remaining camper weeks increasing to the Non Member (NM) rate. If you wish to terminate your child's membership at the end of their camp season, you may either stop by the Welcome Center desk to complete a termination form, send an email to email@example.com, or write a letter with your request. Terminations must be submitted in writing 30 days prior to the scheduled deduction. Annual members will receive the balance of the unused portion of their membership. Please note, while it is not required to have a membership to register for camp, it is beneficial and more economical to have a youth or family membership if you are registering for four or more weeks of camp.
- IN PERSON OR BY MAIL: Complete the entire registration form using one form per child. Drop off or mail the completed day camp registration form along with all registration fees and session deposits to the Day Camp Registrar at your local branch.
- ONLINE REGISTRATION: Go to www.graniteymca.org/camps and select the camp of your choice in our find a camp and select register. The online instruction guide will assist you through the online registration process. Having trouble? View our online registration guide.
All camp payments must be made via automatic deduction from a credit/debit card or checking/savings account. A payment schedule will be mailed to you at the time of your registration confirmation. Should any charge or draft be returned or refused by the credit card or bank for any reason, the customer is responsible for that payment, plus the $20 service charge applied by the Y. This is in addition to any service fee charged by the financial institution. If you need to change your payment method on your account, please complete a new authorization to deduct form. Follow this step-by-step guide to change your payment method online.
- EARLY ENROLLMENT PAYMENT OPTIONS: Register by February 20 or March 6 (varies per branch) and pay only the $30 registration fee and Facility/Family Membership fee (if applicable) upon registration. No deposits required! You must provide a credit/debit card or checking/savings account for weekly auto deduct payments. Weekly auto deduct payments are scheduled at the time of registration to begin within five business days, and continue until three weeks prior to the start of each camp session in order to make your weekly payments as low as possible. Please note that any add on fees not paid in full upfront will be auto deducted three weeks prior to the start of each session.
- FLEXIBLE PAYMENT OPTIONS: If you are not able to take advantage of the early enrollment option, we have other convenient payment plans. Register between February 23 or March 9 - July 27 or August 3 (varies per branch). If you are using the Flexible Payment option, the $30 registration fee, Facility/Family Membership fee (if applicable), and $25 deposit for each session will be auto deducted within five business days of receipt of registration. Please note: $25 non-refundable deposits for each session of camp will automatically credited toward weekly session fees. Choose from two convenient options below:
- Have your auto deduct payments begin upon registration and continue until three weeks prior to the start of each camp week (option ends May 29).
- Have your payments auto deducted three weeks prior to the start of each camp session, view the payment schedule.
- FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE: Thanks to generous donations from Y families, staff, camp alumni, local businesses and donors, financial assistance is available for families who may not be able to afford a day camp experience for their child. Start the application process as soon as possible as funds are limited. Complete the registration form, marking sessions you would like your child to attend. Check the box indicating you would like financial assistance. A financial aid application with supporting documents will be required which can be found online or at your local branch. Please note that recipients of state reimbursement are not eligible (see below). Enclose the day camp registration form, registration fee, and facility membership fee (if applicable) with a $25 deposit per session and forward to the Y. Our day camp registration staff will contact you to discuss financial assistance options.
- STATE OF NH REIMBURSEMENT: Reimbursement is based on age, service level (full, half, or part time), cost share, and whether your child is attending a state licensed camp. Some camps do not qualify. State of NH parent cost share is determined by household income. Registrations must be received at least three weeks prior to the start of the camping session. For more information, contact the day camp registrar at your local branch.
HEALTH FORM REQUIREMENTS
In our continuous efforts to provide the best possible care to our campers, The Granite YMCA partners with CampDoc.com. CampDoc.com is an electronic health record system for camps and helps us consolidate and integrate camper health information into a centralized and secure location. Their system gives The Granite YMCA staff instant access to camper health information, a key component in providing quality care. The security, confidentiality and privacy of your camper's personal health information will always be protected. Only The Granite YMCA staff have access to camper health information, and the CampDoc.com site is secure, encrypted and password protected. For more information, please view our CampDoc FAQ's.
- WHAT MEDICAL INFORMATION IS REQUIRED? Your child must have had a complete physical within the last two years (one year for campers under the age of 6) and a record of all immunizations received to date. Campers are not allowed to attend camp without a current physician signed medical form. Any camper without this information completed before the first day of camp will not be permitted to attend camp until the file is complete. No exceptions will be made.
- CAMPDOC.COM: You will receive an email from CampDoc.com with information about how to complete your camper's health information within 7 – 10 days.
- Click the link in the email to log into your CampDoc.com account
- Follow the instructions, and confirm or update the health profile for your camper. Alerts will appear for any missing required information
- Upload any required or updated documents to your CampDoc.com account
- Return to CampDoc.com at any time to make changes/updates to your camper's health information before camp begins
- If your account is locked and changes are needed, submit an unlock request
- IMPORTANT MEDICATION NOTICE: The Granite YMCA must have written consent from your child's doctor in order to dispense ANY medication during your child's camp session. This includes ALL prescription medication and any over the counter medications. If your child needs to take any type of medication you MUST provide a note of consent written and signed by a licensed healthcare provider stating the medication, dosage, and reason for taking the medication. Please note that without a form of consent our camp staff will not be able to dispense medication to your child.
MAKING CAMP REGISTRATION CHANGES
Changes to your child's camp schedule must be done at least two weeks in advance or cancellations within four weeks prior to the start of the camp session. Please complete the Day Camp Change Form to submit your requested changes.
- TRANSFERS: You may transfer your child to another session if space is available and it is at least two weeks in advance. If you are transferring your child to a new camp session we will transfer the deposit to the newly registered session; however, deposits will not be transferred into previously registered camp sessions.
- ADDITIONS: To add a week of camp, the $25 deposit will be deducted immediately. The balance of the additional session will be processed according to your payment plan. You may add a child to a camp session if space is available and it is received no later than 12:00 pm on the Wednesday prior to the camp session. Additions made within three weeks or less of the camp start date will have payment auto deducted in full from the account on file.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: All cancellations up to four (4) weeks prior to the camp session will receive a refund, minus the $30 registration fee, Facility Membership fee (if applicable), and $25 per session. Cancellations with less than a four (4) week notice will forfeit the entire fee of camp.
To enable us to serve as many Y campers as possible, bus transportation is provided to and from selected communities for campers participating in camps at the YMCA of Strafford County (for an additional fee). Pre-registration is required. Keep in mind that those using the bus service are unable to take advantage of before and after camp care. Contact the registrar at the YMCA of Strafford County if you have additional questions.
- Download the Transportation Request Form for the YMCA of Strafford County
The Granite YMCA strives to provide all campers with a safe and positive camp experience. Parent/guardian communication is key to the success of each and every camper, so if your child has any special needs please set up a meeting with the camp director at your local Y prior to registering.
A DAY AT YMCA DAY CAMP
- A Day at YMCA Day Camps in Manchester
- A Day at YMCA Day Camp of Hooksett
- A Day at YMCA Day Camps in Goffstown
- A Day at Camp Pa-Gon-Ki in Londonderry
- A Day at Camp Mowkawogan in Concord
- A Day at Camp Coney Pine in Rochester
- A Day at Camp Gundalow in Greenland
REGISTRAR CONTACT INFORMATION
- YMCA of Downtown Manchester & Hooksett Day Camp: Heather Hodges at firstname.lastname@example.org | 603.232.8698
- YMCA Allard Center of Goffstown: Amy Prescott at email@example.com | 603.232.8635
- YMCA of Greater Londonderry: Michele Zupokfska at firstname.lastname@example.org | 603.437.9622
- YMCA of Concord: 603.224.4407
- YMCA of Strafford County: Linda Silvia at email@example.com | 603.994.4130
- YMCA of the Seacoast: Lisa Larocque at firstname.lastname@example.org | 603.431.2334 ext. 2502