What Do I Need to Know to Register for Day Camp?
Important Camp Documents:
To be eligible to pay the reduced facility member camp fees, your child(ren) must have and sustain an active Y membership from the time of registration through camper's last session. Memberships may be purchased online or at your local branch. Terminating the membership prior to the end of the camp season will result in the price of the remaining camper weeks increasing to the Non Member (NM) rate. If you wish to terminate your child's membership at the end of their camp season, you may either stop by the Welcome Center desk to complete a termination form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Terminations must be submitted 30 days prior to the next scheduled deduction. Annual members will receive the balance of the unused portion of their membership. Please note, while it is not required to have a membership to register for camp, it is beneficial and may be more economical.
- IN PERSON OR BY MAIL: Complete the entire registration form using one form per child. Drop off or mail the completed day camp registration form along with all registration fees and session deposits to the Day Camp Registrar at your local branch.
- ONLINE REGISTRATION: Go to www.graniteymca.org/camps and select the camp of your choice in our find a camp and select register. The online instruction guide will assist you through the online registration process. Having trouble? View our online registration guide.
- AUTO DEDUCT POLICY: At time of registration a 10% deposit per camp session will be required. The remaining balance will be automatically deducted three weeks prior to each camp session from a credit/debit card or checking/savings account on file. A payment schedule will be emailed to you at the time of your registration confirmation. Should any charge or draft be returned or refused by the credit card or bank for any reason, the customer is responsible for that payment, plus the $20 service charge applied by the Y. This is in addition to any service fee charged by the financial institution.
- FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE: Thanks to generous donations from Y families, staff, camp alumni, local businesses and donors, financial assistance is available for families who may not be able to afford a day camp experience for their child. Start the application process as soon as possible as funds are limited. Complete the registration form, marking sessions you would like your child to attend. Check the box indicating you would like financial assistance. A financial aid application with supporting documents will be required which can be found online or at your local branch. Please note that recipients of state reimbursement are not eligible (see below). Enclose the day camp registration form, registration fee, and facility membership fee (if applicable) with a $25 deposit per session and forward to the Y. Our day camp registration staff will contact you to discuss financial assistance options.
- STATE OF NH REIMBURSEMENT: Reimbursement is based on age, service level (full, half, or part time), cost share, and whether your child is attending a state licensed camp. Some camps do not qualify. State of NH parent cost share is determined by household income. Registrations must be received at least three weeks prior to the start of the camping session. For more information, contact the day camp registrar at your local branch.
- REKINDLING CURIOSITY: The New Hampshire Department of Education is once again partnering with New Hampshire camps and school-age summer programs across the state to offer students the unique opportunity to move beyond COVID-19 and be a kid again. Students of all ages, backgrounds and abilities benefit from exposure to short-term summer enrichment programs, including in the areas of challenge, friend-making, positivity, and emotional safety. Through the Rekindling Curiosity program, qualifying youth can have up to $750 of their recreation camp fees covered by the Department of Education. For more information, visit bit.ly/rekindlingcuriosity.
HEALTH FORM REQUIREMENTS
We heard your feedback and have improved our process to make things more convenient for you. All the required forms moving forward will be attached to your YMCA account. Once you have registered your child(ren) for day camp you will receive an email to complete the required forms.
- WHAT MEDICAL INFORMATION IS REQUIRED? Your child must have had a complete physical within the last two years (one year for campers under the age of 6) and a record of all immunizations received to date. Campers are not allowed to attend camp without a current physician signed medical form. Any camper without this information completed before the first day of camp will not be permitted to attend camp until the file is complete. No exceptions will be made.
- IMPORTANT MEDICATION NOTICE: The Granite YMCA must have written consent from your child's doctor in order to dispense ANY medication during your child's camp session. This includes ALL prescription medication and any over the counter medications. If your child needs to take any type of medication you MUST provide a note of consent written and signed by a licensed healthcare provider stating the medication, dosage, and reason for taking the medication. Please note that without a form of consent our camp staff will not be able to dispense medication to your child.
MAKING CAMP REGISTRATION CHANGES
Changes to your child's camp schedule must be done at least two weeks in advance or cancellations within four weeks prior to the start of the camp session. Please complete the Day Camp Change Form to submit your requested changes.
- TRANSFERS: You may transfer your child to another session if space is available and it is at least two weeks in advance. If you are transferring your child to a new camp session we will transfer the deposit to the newly registered session; however, deposits will not be transferred into previously registered camp sessions.
- ADDITIONS: To add a week of camp, the 10% deposit will be deducted immediately. The balance of the additional session will be processed three weeks prior to the camp session. You may add a child to a camp session if space is available and it is received no later than 12:00 pm on the Wednesday prior to the camp session. Additions made within three weeks or less of the camp start date will have payment auto deducted in full from the account on file.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: All cancellations up to three (3) weeks prior to the camp session will receive a refund, minus the 10% deposit per session and Facility Membership fee (if applicable). Cancellations with less than a three (3) week notice will forfeit the entire fee of camp.
To enable us to serve as many Y campers as possible, bus transportation is provided to and from selected communities for campers participating in camps at the YMCA of Strafford County (for an additional fee). Pre-registration is required. Keep in mind that those using the bus service are unable to take advantage of before and after camp care. Contact the registrar at the YMCA of Strafford County if you have additional questions.
- Download the Transportation Request Form for the YMCA of Strafford County
The Granite YMCA strives to provide all campers with a safe and positive camp experience. Parent/guardian communication is key to the success of each and every camper, so if your child has any special needs please set up a meeting with the camp director at your local Y prior to registering.
A DAY AT YMCA DAY CAMP
- A Day at YMCA Day Camps in Manchester
- A Day at YMCA Day Camp of Hooksett
- A Day at YMCA Day Camps in Goffstown
- A Day at Camp Pa-Gon-Ki in Londonderry
- A Day at Camp Mowkawogan in Concord
- A Day at Camp Coney Pine in Rochester
- A Day at Camp Gundalow in Greenland
REGISTRAR CONTACT INFORMATION
- YMCA of Downtown Manchester & Hooksett Day Camp: Heather Hodges at email@example.com or 603.232.8698
- YMCA Allard Center of Goffstown: Amy Prescott at firstname.lastname@example.org or 603.232.8635
- YMCA of Greater Londonderry: Michele Zupokfska at email@example.com or 603.437.9622
- YMCA of Concord: Dawn Richardson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 603.232.8609
- YMCA of Strafford County: Linda Silvia at email@example.com or 603.994.4130
- YMCA of the Seacoast & Camp Newington: Lisa Larocque at firstname.lastname@example.org or 603.431.2334 ext. 2502